Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 6


I could go on and on about the different groups I have been a part of over the years.  Groups that have pushed me to achieve much more than I thought I could and groups that have pushed my buttons.

One group that was hard for me to say goodbye to was this past year’s students.  These students taught me so much about life and I could not be more grateful.  We experienced so much together and they always had faith in me even when I didn’t.  We were able to grow together and learn from each other through everything. I could not have asked for a better group to begin my teaching career than this group.  I am looking forward to hearing about all of the adventures that life brings them.  More importantly, I am looking forward to having more groups like my first.

I believe it was so hard to say goodbye to this group because it was all I had known.  I had never experienced having my own set of students that I was able to teach.  During the last weeks of school we began reflecting over our year.  We talked about things we liked and things we didn’t.

I am looking forward to being completed with this journey, but I will miss the interaction with all of my colleagues.  It is nice to be able to discuss events that are happening in our school/career and have unbiased advice.  I look forward to staying in touch with my peers through emails and blog posts.  Even though I have not met any of you, I still am able to have a connection through all of our experiences thus far.

2 comments:

  1. Kaitlin great post. As educators i think we have all had our share of great students that have really touched our hearts in a special way .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlin, what an inspiration to new teachers out there. There is always so much negitivity about how our youth are loosing the focus and love for education, that it is nice to hear you talk so positive about the children you worked with.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete