To base program practices upon current knowledge and research in the field of early childhood education, child development, and related disciplines, as well as on particular knowledge of each child.
Learning more about my students will help me be a better teacher by teaching to their learning styles. I have also realized just how much information is out there for the benefit of the teachers. I plan to use one day of the week just for research purposes. This could be following a fellow teacher’s blog, reading online articles, or watching the news.
To create and maintain safe and healthy settings that foster children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development and that respect their dignity and their contributions.
Creating a safe environment for children to learn and develop in is crucial. Our emotions play such a big role in how we learn. For example, in a staff training my assistant principal used the example of where were you on September 11, 2001? Everyone in the room was able to all exactly where they were.
To be familiar with the knowledge base related to working effectively with families and to stay informed through continuing education and training.
I want to incorporate my parents/families in my classroom as much as I am able. Keeping the parents involved in their child’s learning will create a better support system.
I enjoyed reading your post! One of your ideals that stuck out the most is when you talked about creating a safe environment for children to learn and develop. It is true that our emotions do play a big part in how we learn and its so important that we create a shape for children to focus in on the task at hand and enjoy learning and exploring.
ReplyDeleteIt was a pleasure reading your post, some of the Codes of Ethic I thought about using those same post.
ReplyDeleteKaitlin,
ReplyDeleteIt has been a pleasure sharing ideas with you during this course. You have provded views on various topics that have been very thought provoking for me. You have also provided me with many educationa resources that have already become useful in my new classroom. I wish you the best through the remaining courses in the program!
Kaitlin, I really enjoyed really your post. I also thought about making one day out of the week a resource day also. I look forward to reading your final post next week.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to tell you that I have put you on my blog as a contact so that you can get some feedback too. Congrats on finishing your first Masters course! I hope that you will do well in the future and always take time out for you. In this field of study we can get bogged down with work and school. Being a "Twin", you have to not get lost in work and take time to play sometimes because the stress levels can be high at times especially when the full moon comes! lol
ReplyDeleteBut I just wanted to say I hope you do well and succeed!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you in your future courses! I have truly enjoyed readings your posts each week. I can really tell that you have a passion for this field and are determined to achieve your goals! Again Good Luck!
ReplyDelete