A hope that I have for myself when thinking of my passion
for working with families and children is to use all of the information and
knowledge I have learned from this course to develop a more welcoming atmosphere
inside my classroom. I hope to establish
an environment that both children and families feel comfortable in the school
setting to voice ideas and/or concerns.
A goal that I would like to see accomplished in the early
childhood field is more training for all staff members on diversity, equity,
and social justice. I believe that all
teachers would benefit from this training but so would others in the school
such as cafeteria workers, the office staff, and even the janitors/cleaning
staff. Lessons on these topics are not
confined inside the four walls of a classroom.
Lastly, thank you to all of my colleagues for your support
during this course. You have pushed me
outside of my comfort zone and I could not say thank you enough. I wish you all
the best when applying the information you have learned and throughout the rest
of your journey at Walden. God bless.
Kaitlin,
ReplyDeleteIt is so refreshing to see a new young teacher with such great goals and aspirations. I wish you luck with the rest of your educational journey and look forward to working with you again in the future!
Providing a warm comfortable atmosphere is a great idea. When children are comfortable they are more likely to speak and open up making it possible for the educators to learn and grow. Working with children can be such a rewarding experience. Thank you sharing so the rest of us can learn everyday.
ReplyDeleteKaitlin,
ReplyDeleteYour comment that support staff as well as teachers need diversity training shows great insight. As members of the school community they interact with the children on a daily basis and also have influence. Thank you for sharing and good luck in your studies!