During this course, I have learned so much more about myself
as a person and as an educator. I now see
my students for who they are as an individual and not what society wants them
to be. I hope all my students know the
love that myself and their other teachers have for them. My goal is to teach my students that no
matter the “label” they have been given, they can achieve any goal if they work
hard.
Thank you to my colleagues and all my professors during this
journey. Thank you for the support, the
advice, and all of your honest comments. We are so close to the end! I hope
everyone has a Merry Christmas and I am looking forward to working with you all
again.
Kaitlin,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about understanding ourselves first before we can teach our children to accept who they are no matter what other people say about them. As an educator, we play a very important role in making sure that these children grew up in an environment that treats other with fairness and respect. I hope our advocacy does not stop here but consider it as our starting point to advocate for the rights of every children in our care and the whole society.
Thank you for all your contributions on our discussion and blog assignments. I wish you good luck on your next journey. I am also looking forward to work with you again. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let's enjoy our breaks.
I feel that is a wonderful goal to have for your children. You are right, there really are educators and adults out there who are dedicated and love our children. I think that is the a necessary component to help provide an anti-bias environment. Merry Christmas to you also!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin,
ReplyDeleteThat is a great goal for your children, and I am sure they are already feeling the love! Best of luck to you in your capstone course, and I also hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Shannon
Kaitlin,
ReplyDeleteYour students are very lucky to have such a passionate person in their corner. I'm sure that they know how much you love them and will always cherish the knowledge and committment that you have for instilling in them to be the best that they can be. Happy New Year!